Thursday, January 3, 2013

Starting to commit to things already...


This is my first New Year in the blogging world (having joined in August) so I am more than a bit overwhelmed at all of the year in review posts and 2013 planning posts. Despite my overwhelmitude, I know I will kick myself later if I don't jump into the Lovely year of Finishes hosted by Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts.

My goal for the month of January is to finish my mustard and eggplant lap quilt. The blocks were made by my hivemates in the Nubees swap which I participated in from August to October. This is a monthly block swap where you make 4 blocks and receive 4 in return in the colors of your choice. Incidentally, they are open for January until the 5th. If you have never joined a bee before, it is a great way to start.

Most of the blocks and that darn cat

Sashing with the feather print. Cornerstones with various mustardy yellow and eggplanty purple scraps

Since the front is so busy I chose to go with a simple large scale print for the back. Normally I make pieced backs using the leftover fabric from the front but seeing as this is a bee quilt I don't have that option.

To finish this up I will need to...
1. Make three more blocks
2. assemble top with sashing and cornerstones
3. quilt and bind (not sure on the binding yet. Probably something golden)

Linking up for the January goal setting. Won't you join me? 

5 comments:

  1. Looks reasonable for a finish. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my Nubees quilt is going to be my February goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great quilt {and an adorable cat} I adore purple but never seem to get any in my stash. I can't wait to see what the finished top looks like! Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful... can't wait to see more of this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors in your quilt, this will be neat!

    ReplyDelete